Last Updated: February 27, 2020
Mapit GIS Ltd., 80 Walkerburn Drive, Wishaw, ML2 8RY, United Kingdom.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Mapit GIS Ltd., 80 Walkerburn Drive, Wishaw, ML2 8RY, United Kingdom.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to Mapit GIS, accessible from mapitgis.com
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Mapit GIS Ltd. has built the Mapit Spatial – GIS Data Collector app.
The application is provided by Mapit GIS Ltd. and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
General Privacy Statement
In general Mapit GIS applications DO NOT COLLECT STORE OR SHARE
any user sensitive information. All information collected during the survey process is stored on user device internal memory and this information is never released to Mapit GIS or any 3rd party service providers.
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address (website contact form only)
- First name and last name (website contact form only)
- Usage Data
User Provided Information
If you purchase the application add-in or subscription from Google Play Store, we also have access to information about your purchase. This information is stored by Google Play. Please see their privacy policies
for further details.
When you use the Application, you may also provide login credentials to access 3rd party services and providers (like Google Drive or Dropbox). This information is never stored locally on the device and is never relayed back to Us.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Third Party Services and Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Automatically Collected Information
The Applications in scope may also collect certain information automatically, such as: the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
If errors occur while using the Application, an error log can be sent back to Us. This error log contains non-personal data, such as device model, operating system version, where in the Application the error happened. This information is intended to assist further improvement of the Application.
We may use tools or third party analytical software to collect and use certain non-personal data that does not enable us to identify you. The types of non-personal data we may collect and use include, but are not limited to: (i) mobile device type and device properties; (ii) mobile device software platform and firmware; (iii) mobile phone carrier; (iv) geographical data; and (v) other non-personal data as reasonably required by us to enhance our services.
We reserve the right to use and disclose the collected non-personal data in an anonymized and obfuscated way for purposes of advertisement by us or our partners. We do not pass any personally identifiable information to ad networks or advertisers.
We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We also work with advertisers and third party advertising networks that need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Application. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Application, including the unique identification ID of your mobile device. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties Purpose:
These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see You name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collection information and to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
The applications require acceptance of some sensitive Android permissions for example access to CAMERA permission and this is used only to provide support for a bar code scanner inside the forms and to take pictures related to the collected location features, similarly LOCATION is needed to carry on necessary surveys and measurements.
The full list of Android Permissions used by Mapit apps listed in the scope above are as follow:
- LOCATION – the applications aim is to carry on precise measurements related to the location. The application cannot work without this permission.
- CAMERA – required to carry on certain tasks during the survey, like recording the photographic evidence related to the collected features or scanning the QR or bar codes into the form.
- STORAGE – Vital data used by application is being stored on user internal/external device memory. For the convenience of adding additional resources or quick access e.g. to the collected data access to the storage is necessary.
- INTERNET – the applications can work offline, however most mapping providers require active internet connection to display the map tiles. The Internet connection is also needed to perform other tasks like data export or import to external providers or search for places.
Some application functionality includes usage of Google Drive. This functionality is optional
and allows users to export or import files from the cloud location.
Before accessing Google Drive Content you will be presented with the Google OAuth Consent screen where you will be asked to provide credentials and allow access to the Google Drive Content.
At any point these credentials are not being stored or processed in any way by Us and are used only to facilitate access to your own content.
Mapit – GIS Data Collector
DRIVE.FILE – View and manage Google Drive files and folders that you have opened or created with this app
Mapit Spatial – GIS Data Collector
DRIVE – permits an application to read, modify, or manage the content or metadata of a user’s Drive files, without the user individually granting file-by-file access.
The extended DRIVE scope is considered due to the fact that we have been receiving a lots of requests from users asking for possibility to access the files inside the app which were created or shared outside of the application.
Mapit Spatial is productivity application that only use Restricted Scope to handle Drive files (or their metadata or permissions) via the application’s user interface.
The files will be always loaded/sync from/to the same Drive location.
Mapit GIS and Mapit Spatial complies with the limited use principles listed below.
1. Google Drive data will be used only to provide and improve user-facing features related to Import/Export of the data.
2. The Google Drive Data will never
be transferred automatically by the app to any other network or 3rd party location. The data will be always stored locally on user device.
3. We never use or transfer the data for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability