Available MapIt Extensions
MapIt GIS is generally free to use, however to unlock the full potential and use it as a production tool update to MapIt Pro Extension is recommended.
MapIt Pro – enables for a small price all production functions within the app – specifically the features listed below:
- Export/Import Data – This extension is required to export the data. Please read the articles below to get more information about it:
- MapBox & Offline Maps – Allow the possibility to access your online MapBox maps and set one as a basemap. This feature is also required to use offline *.mbtiles as a map overlay.
- Geoid Height for GPS – If you would like to record the orthometric height instead of the ellipsoidal GPS height, which assumes the Earth to be totally homogeneous (as if there be would no mountains or trenches), this feature will do the job and no post processing is needed.
- MapIt Lines & Polygons – allows to add more then 2 line or polygon features with more than 10 vertexes.
- Google Maps Overlays – Gives access to a number of predefined WMS and ArcGIS Tiled Services and allows to add your own services if required.
- Track recording – Allows to log your GPS locations automatically as you move. Default tracking is disabled for point layers, but can be enabled in the miscellaneous settings
- Backup Management – The tool allows the creation of a snapshot in time for the current core database and saves it to MapIt → Backups folder on your device.
To get MapIt Pro please install the app and choose “MapIt Extensions” option from the menu.
Than click on the trolley button to start Google Play purchase.
*IMPORTANT CHANGE: From version 4.8.0 (03-06-2017) only MapIt Pro Extension can be acquired. Existing extensions will not be affected by the change.